Brake Service & Repair in Buffalo, NY
When it comes to staying safe behind the wheel, one of the most critical components of your vehicle is your brake system. It’s difficult to imagine driving even a short distance safely without brakes that work properly. Taking the time to ensure that your brakes are in good operating condition is a great first step towards protecting the safety of both yourself and your passengers. Basil Resale Delaware has assembled this helpful guide which gives you some useful tips for when to have your brakes serviced or replaced.
When to Have Your Brakes Serviced
If you’re unsure about the condition of your brakes, it’s fairly simple to determine if you have an issue or not on your own. Two common things you might experience behind the wheel are a gradual loss of overall stopping power and/or having to press harder on the brake pedal in order to bring the vehicle to a complete stop.
Although these warning signs are common indications of worn brakes, the symptoms listed below may be a sign of a far more serious – and far more dangerous – brake problem.
- Your vehicle begins to shake or pull to one side while braking
- A brake warning indicator light has appeared on your dashboard or instrument panel
- Loss of brake pedal pressure and the pedal goes completely to the floor
In the event that you experience any of the above symptoms, we advise you to use extra caution, stop driving the vehicle, and have it towed to a repair facility to be inspected and diagnosed by factory-trained technicians.
Have Your Brakes Inspected and Serviced at Basil Resale Delaware
For maximum peace of mind and confidence behind the wheel, visit Basil Resale Delaware for a brake inspection. Our team of expert technicians will inspect your brakes for any potential problems. This inspection includes:
- Checking brake fluid levels and condition
- Checking for even brake wear and measuring brake pad/shoe thickness
- Verifying brake lines and master/wheel cylinders are free of any leaks
- Checking rotors for run-outs and hot spots
- Inspecting brake calipers for fluid leaks, movement, and general wear
- Checking anti-lock brake sensors
- Performing necessary adjustments and testing hardware
Following a completed inspection, your service advisor will discuss the results with you. If necessary, your worn-out brake components will be replaced with genuine OEM brake parts designed specifically for your vehicle. Stop smoothly, safely, and confidently with brake service at Basil Resale Delaware.